The course Programming I is about fundamentals of programming for freshman students and covers fundamental concepts of programming.
JAVA is used as teaching language, nevertheless the principles are applicable to every (imperative or class based object oriented) programming language.
The course is given for Computer Science students at the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences.
and covers the following aspects:
- Fundamental concepts of programming including programming paradigms and runtime models
- Variables, data types, operators and expressions
- Control flow and routines (functions, procedures, methods)
- Reference data types and collections
- (Stream based) I/O programming and serialization of objects
- Recursive programming and recursive datastructures
- Functional programming using lambda functions
- Exception handling
- Introduction to object oriented programming and UML introducing fundamental concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism