The course Programming I is about fundamentals of programming for first-year students and covers fundamental concepts of programming.
JAVA is used as a teaching language. Nevertheless, the principles apply to every (imperative or class-based object-oriented) programming language.
The course is given for Computer Science students at the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences, and covers the following aspects:
- Fundamental concepts of programming including computational thinking, programming paradigms and runtime models
- Variables, data types, operators and expressions
- Control flow and routines (functions, procedures, methods)
- Reference data types and collections
- (Stream based) I/O programming and serialization of objects
- Recursive programming and recursive datastructures
- Functional programming using lambda functions
- Exception handling
- Introduction to object oriented programming and UML introducing fundamental concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, and polymorphism